Generally speaking, you can visit the Site without communicating any personal information about yourself. In any event, you are under no obligation to transmit personal information to Imageau.
Nevertheless, in case of refusal, you may not be able to benefit from specific information or services that you have requested. In this respect, Imageau may, in certain cases, request that you provide your name, e-mail address and telephone number (hereinafter referred to as your “Personal Information”), in particular, via the contact form on our Contact page, or in the form for subscribing to the Imageau newsletter. By providing this information, you expressly agree that it may be processed by Imageau, for the purposes indicated in point 2 below and for the purposes highlighted at the end of each form.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) adopted by the European Parliament on 14th April 2016, and with the French Data Protection Act (la Loi Informatique et Libertés) of 6th January 1978, as amended, Imageau informs you of the following :
1. Identity of the Data Controller
The person in charge of data processing is Olivier Depraz, in his capacity as director of Imageau, having its registered office at 102 Allée de l’Amérique Latine, 30900 Nîmes, France.
2. Purposes of processing
Imageau may process your Personal Information :
- (a) for the purpose of providing you with the information or services you have requested (in particular: sending the Newsletter), and/or
- (b) for the purpose of collecting information that will enable us to improve the Site, our products and services (in particular by means of cookies), and/or
- (c) for the purpose of being able to contact you concerning events relating to Imageau’s news, including, in particular, updates to its services and accomplishments.
Imageau is the sole recipient of your Personal Information. This information, whether in individual or aggregated form, is never transmitted to a third party. Neither Imageau, nor any of its subcontractors, engage in the marketing of the personal data of visitors and Users of the Site.
4. Duration of conservation of data
Your Personal Information is kept by Imageau only for the time corresponding to the purpose of the collection as indicated in point 2 above, which shall in any case not exceed a period of 24 months.
5. Digital rights and freedoms
You have the following rights concerning your Personal Information, which you can exercise by writing to us at the postal address shown in point 1, above, or by completing the form on our Contact page.
O RIGHT OF ACCESS AND COMMUNICATION OF DATA
You have the right to access the Personal Information held by Imageau that concerns you.
However, due to the obligation of security and confidentiality in the processing of personal data which is incumbent on Imageau, you are informed that your request will be processed subject to your providing proof of your identity, in particular by producing a scanned copy of a valid identity document (in the event of a request via our dedicated electronic form) or a signed photocopy of a valid identity document (in the event of a request sent in writing).
Imageau informs you that it will be entitled, if necessary, to oppose manifestly abusive requests (due to their number, repetitive or systematic nature).
To help you in your approach, in particular should you wish to exercise your right of access by means of a written request to the postal address mentioned in point 1, above, you will find by clicking on the following link a model letter template (in French) drawn up by France’s Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (the “CNIL”): https://www.cnil.fr/fr/modele/courrier/exercer-son-droit-dacces Information can also be found on the CNIL website in English at : https://www.cnil.fr/en/home
O RIGHT TO RECTIFY DATA
Under this right, the legislation entitles you to request the rectification, updating, blocking or deletion of data concerning you which may be inaccurate, erroneous, incomplete or obsolete.
You can also define general and specific directives concerning the fate of your personal data after your death. If necessary, the heirs of a deceased person can demand that the death of their relative be taken into account and/or that the necessary updates be made.
To help you in your approach, particularly if you wish to exercise your right to rectification on your own behalf or on behalf of a deceased relative, by means of a written request to the postal address mentioned in point 1, above, you will find a model letter template drawn up by the CNIL by clicking on the following link : https://www.cnil.fr/fr/modele/courrier/rectifier-des-donnees-inexactes-obsoletes-ou-perimees
O RIGHT OF OPPOSITION
Exercising this right is only possible in one of the following two situations :
- When the exercise of this right is based on legitimate reasons; or
- When the exercise of this right aims to prevent the data collected from being used for commercial prospecting purposes.
To help you in your approach, particularly if you wish to exercise your right to object by means of a written request sent to the postal address indicated in point 1, above, you will find a model letter template drawn up by the CNIL by clicking on the following link: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/modele/courrier/supprimer-des-informations-vous-concernant-dun-site-internet
6. Response times
Imageau undertakes to respond to your request for access, rectification or opposition or any other additional request for information within a reasonable period of time which may not exceed 1 month from receipt of your request.
7. Complaints to the competent authority
If you consider that Imageau has not respected its obligations with regard to your Personal Information, you can address a complaint or a request to the competent authority. In France, the competent authority is the CNIL to which you can send a request electronically by clicking on the following link: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes/internet
Policy concerning cookies
1. General information on cookies used on the Imageau website
Imageau, as the publisher of the Site, may install a cookie on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile telephone, etc.) in order to guarantee a fluid and optimal browsing experience on the Site.
“Cookies” are small text files of limited size that enable us to recognise your computer, tablet or mobile telephone in order to personalise the services we offer.
2. Setting your cookie preferences
You can accept or refuse the installation of cookies at any time.
When you first connect to the Site, a banner at the bottom of your screen warns you that by continuing to browse the Imageau website (by loading a new page or by clicking on various elements of the Site for example), you accept the installation of cookies on your terminal. You are also deemed to have given your consent to the installation of cookies by clicking on the “I accept” icon to the right of the banner at the bottom of your screen.
A. THE COOKIES WE USE
We use the following cookies:
– Functional cookies: these allow us to improve the functioning of the website and make it more user-friendly for the visitor. For example, we store your login details.
– Audience measurement cookies: These ensure that an anonymous cookie is generated each time you visit a website. These cookies make it possible to determine whether you have visited the site before or not. A cookie is only created on the first visit. On subsequent visits, the existing cookie is used automatically. This cookie is only used for statistical purposes. In this way, the following data can be collected :
- the number of unique visitors
- the frequency with which users visit the site
- which pages visitors consult
- how long users spend on a particular page
- the page from which visitors leave the site
– Tracking cookies: These allow us to analyse your browsing, consultation or consumption habits on the network’s sites, with the aim of offering you targeted advertising or personalised services. The profile that is established on the basis of this data is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address, etc., but is used solely to match advertisements to your profile, so that they are as relevant as possible to you. We obtain your consent for these cookies. They will not be installed without your consent.
– Social media cookies: These allow social media networks to record the posts and pages you share via their share buttons. They may also contain tracking cookies that trace your internet browsing behaviour.
– Site improvement cookies: These allow us to test different versions of a web page to see which page is best used.
Depending on the type of cookie involved, your consent for installing and reading cookies on your terminal may be required.
B. COOKIES EXEMPT FROM CONSENT
In accordance with the recommendations of the the French commission for data protection – the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), – certain cookies are exempt from the prior collection of your consent insofar as they are strictly necessary for the operation of the website or have the sole purpose of enabling or facilitating communication by electronic means. These include session identifier cookies, authentication cookies, load balancing session cookies and cookies for personalising your interface. These cookies are fully subject to this policy insofar as they are issued and managed by Imageau.
C. COOKIES REQUIRING THE PRIOR COLLECTION OF YOUR CONSENT
This requirement concerns cookies issued by third parties and which are qualified as “persistent” insofar as they remain stored by your terminal until they are deleted or reach their expiry date.
Given that such cookies are issued by third parties, their use and storage are subject to their own privacy policies, a link to which is provided below. This family of cookies includes audience measurement cookies, advertising cookies (which Imageau does not use) and social media sharing cookies (in particular from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest).
Audience measurement cookies establish statistics concerning the visits to and use of various elements of the website (such as the content/pages you have visited). This data helps to improve the ergonomics of the Imageau website. An audience measurement tool is used on this website:
Social media sharing cookies are issued and managed by the publisher of the social media network concerned. Subject to your consent, these cookies allow you to easily share part of the content published on the Imageau website, in particular via a sharing “button” depending on the social media network concerned. Four types of social media sharing cookies are in use on the Imageau website:
o Facebook, whose cookies policy you can consult by clicking on the following link: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
D. YOU HAVE A VARIETY OF TOOLS FOR MANAGING COOKIE SETTINGS
Most web browsers are set by default to allow the placement of cookies. Your browser offers you the opportunity to modify these standard settings so that all cookies are systematically rejected or that only some of the cookies are accepted or rejected depending on their origin.
CAUTION: We draw your attention to the fact that the refusal of the installation of cookies on your terminal is nevertheless likely to alter your user experience as well as your access to certain services or functionalities of the Site. Where applicable, Imageau declines all responsibility concerning the consequences linked to any deterioration of your browsing experience that occurs because of your choice to refuse, delete or block the cookies necessary for the functioning of the Site. Such consequences shall not constitute damage and you shall not be entitled to claim any compensation as a result.
Your browser also allows you to delete existing cookies stored on your terminal or to inform you when new cookies are likely to be placed on your terminal. These settings do not affect your browsing experience, but you will lose all the benefits provided by the cookie.
Please see below for the various tools available to you to enable you to manage the settings of the cookies stored on your terminal.
E. MANAGING YOUR INTERNET BROWSER SETTINGS
Each Internet browser has its own settings for managing cookies. To find out how to modify your cookie preferences, you will find below the links to the help needed to access the menu of your browser provided for this purpose:
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=fr_FR
For more information on cookie management tools, you can consult the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser.